An Inside Look at all things 3D Travel
Gluten Free at Disney Hollywood Studios!
For 8 years the Scott family has traveled extensively after being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. We've spent countless happy hours dining Table Service, Quick Service, frequent Snacks and during special events at Epcot and we have formed definite opinions on the best (and worst!) places to dine. Do you dine gluten free, too? Here is what we recommend for Disney Hollywood Studios!*
For 8 years the Scott family has traveled extensively after being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. We've spent countless happy hours dining Table Service, Quick Service and enjoying snacks at Disney Hollywood Studios and we have formed definite opinions on the best (and worst!) places to dine. Do you dine gluten free, too? Here is what we recommend for DHS!*
I write this knowing I'll need to come bre many new options as Disney Hollywood Studios expands over the next few years. There is still plenty to enjoy as we all wait (IM)patiently!
- Of course there is popcorn - this is the Movie themed park, after all! And yes! It's gluten free!
- Those Mickey Ear Ice Cream bars are gluten free, but keep an eye on the popsicles. They can change vendors and we've seen similar colors and flavors be gluten free one year and cross contaminated the next. Ask to see the binder or discuss it with someone as you order. They're happy to help!
- Check out the shops for some different candy options and even specially made allergen options. We found them most recently at Villains in Vogue on Sunset Boulevard right in front of the bakery display case.
- ABC Commissary has some basic, fast food type gluten free options. There is a dedicated flyer, so that's a plus!
- 'Toy Story Pizza Planet is a great choice! Gluten free pizza and side salad with multiple gluten free options for dessert.
- Fairfax Fare is a great option, as well! It's outside, so be sure that's okay with you before you head down to dine here. We usually choose evening hours. There are ribs and rotisserie chicken and sides and it's in the same area where you can get turkey legs. That's a lot of gluten free choices!
- Toluca Legs Turkey Company - as always, Turkey Legs at WDW are gluten free. And HUGE!
- Backlot Express is typical fast food fare.
- 50's Prime Time Cafe is such a fun place to dine, and they have gluten free options here - real fried chicken! - that you can't get anywhere else.
- Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano is okay. Gluten free pasta and other options are available.
- Hollywood & Vine is an excellent choice for any occasion. As with all buffets, after you've received the tour by the chef, if you see areas where cross contamination could exist you'll simply ask for them to prepare it separately for you in the kitchen.
- Sci Fi Dine In is really all about the atmosphere. However, we think they do allergens better here than they do "regular" food! Their buns, burger and fries are the best on property, and the milkshakes are gluten free!